Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

"Be yourself, Everybody else is already taken". -Oscar Wilde

It seemed like a short morning, going to work at 2pm! I worked on my online class on "Starting a Home Based Business" since that is one of the things I am thinking of doing. And also read a little. It was a pretty quiet morning. No beach time today. When I walk out my back door for any reason, there are little lizards that scurry away, as if startled by your appearance. They are all varying sizes here. I don't know if they will grow up to be big iguanas, or if they all will stay the size they are. I did find out before I went to work, that two of the iguana were mating by the pool. They apparently had quite an audience-all filming it or taking pictures! I missed it, too bad. Seems like they would hurt themselves, lol.

I worked Pantry tonight at the Lobster Grille and it was a busy night! I helped Drew make Mango Salsa and a couple other things before I set up my station. I also made a salad for the Rotary Club tomorrow, to give them a head start on prep. When I set up, I found I had no grapefruit for the Lobster Grapefruit Salad, and no Mini Bundt Cakes for dessert! I ran out of Mango Sorbet. And, of course, when you are busy, everyone wants their order at once. One thing at a time, kids! I found out some time during the evening that a rat was under the three door reach in. Ryan and Drew both saw him, I fortunately did not. I did learn what the pole with a knife on the end of it was for. It sits in the back room propped against the sink. Ryan calls it the rat trap. Ugh! But I guess that's what happens when you have a open kitchen in the tropics. I think I'll leave that worry with the boys. Lisa, the General Manager, came to me and asked me if I would be willing to make a birthday cake for a guest who is having a celebritory dinner Saturday evening. I told her, yes! I can make whatever kind of cake I want, as long as there are no nuts. Cool! Looking forward to that.

I have the next two days off. I need to get my laundry done-I don't have any more work clothes! Other than that, I'm not sure how I am going to spend my days. I do think I'll try another sailing lesson though.

No comments:

Post a Comment