Saturday, February 19, 2011

Saturday, February 19, 2011

"There's no problem that friends cannot confront combat, plot against, ignore, make fun of, drown in chocolate sauce or run over with a car". -little book of inspirational thoughts

Up early for work. Me and Cliff, 6:30am. At least he let me set up the pantry station by myself today. Clif came in at 8 (8a-12p). He took over the pantry station, Cliff and I did hotline. Although I worked hotline kind of by myself, with Ciff jumping in at times duplicating some of the things I was doing or had done. That was frustrating! I forgot to sing today-it is calming (although I feel kind of crazy talking about it, lol).

Breakfast seems to last forever, the afternoon went a little faster. I can fry different styles of eggs in two different pans, on the griddle-make French toast and waffles, fry corned beef hash and fry an egg for an egg sandwich all at the same time!! A restaurant owner I met a few months back called what the people who work breakfast and lunch line in bars and lower end restaurants, "flip and burn". I do feel that the people on days at the LG overbook things. I try to cook good food, even if I am making the same foods every day. I want it to be food I would eat myself. It is a constant struggle. And I now understand how orders get mixed up, especially when the restaurant is busy. The waiters and waitresses sometimes pick up the wrong order, or the cooks get confused about who gets what in which omelet, etc. It does take brains to keep everything straight!

I baked my peanut butter cookies this afternoon, then took them to the baby shower they had for Sheila (due in one month) and her boyfriend Josh. Sheila is Laura's daughter-Laura that works in the gift shop here at Bolongo. They had what they call pinwheels as snacks (flour tortillas filled with turkey and beef, rolled up then sliced. There was also fruit and cheese trays-Cliff helped with that, he was very excited about helping with them.

After the shower I took Janee's car and picked up bother her laundry and mine. I finally found out they charge 0.86 cents a pound to wash your clothes. Unfortunately, my blue Bolongo beach cover up is now almost white. I don't know what they do to accomplish that. The flower picture on the front of the cover up is still exactly the same. This is the second time this has happened. I guess the moral of the story is to do your own laundry. If it gets messed up, you can only blame yourself!

I am spending the evening "at home". For some reason I am exhausted and have been since I started working all days. By the end of the day, my legs hurt (my feet are fine thanks to Crocs), my back hurts and I feel like I need a nap. I don't know if it's all physical or if it is a combination of physical and emotional (with the sometimes volatile atmosphere in the kitchen). I stand sometimes for 8 hours straight, on concrete floors. Standing still for long periods of time is rough. I noticed today I have gotten stronger. It takes less effort to carry heavy pots filled with food or lift a pile of plates onto the shelf. That's a plus, lol. Anyway, lamb tenderloin and mashed potatoes with green beans for dinner, then just relax and read. I work again tomorrow! My last week of work!! Can you tell I'm excited? LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment