Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday, February 13, 2011

"Never stop being curious".-little book of Inspirational Thoughts.....

I woke up late his morning, feeling tired and achy. Even coffee didn't help! I spent some time on the beach, then had lunch at Iggie's. I talked with my sister, Janell, then with Betty, then rested for about half an hour.

I was at work by 4pm (at Iggie's). There was some prep to do-pulling the pork apart from the pork butt roasts, weighing out and bagging the sliced calamari, making 2oz and 4oz crab cakes (all weighed) then pressing Panko onto the outside of the crab cakes, thawing and marinating chicken tenders and thawing cod for the fish and chips. And in between all this, making Caesar salads, salads for the mahi mahi, chicken wraps and plating desserts. For some reason everyone seemed to want the Mokie Jumbie! The Moki Jumbie is two large brownies, three scoops of ice cream, whipped cream and Hersey's chocolate syrup drizzle. The wait staff thought these got bigger as the night wore on, but I told them it was easier to scoop the ice cream once it had been out awhile, so the scoops were fuller scoops, not necessarily larger. They didn't quite agree with me! It was a busy night up til about 9pm. I asked John if I could leave about 9:30pm so I could get started on my cakes. He thought that was fine. This was my last night at Iggie's, but I don't think anyone realizes it.

I walked down to the Lobster Grille. Ryan, Drew and Judy were cleaning up. Ryan and Drew are like little boys when they get together. The topic of discussion was Seinfeld (the show). They asked if I liked it-I said yes but that everyone on the show was crazy! Their reply was yes, but do you like it? Oh, brother! I gathered all my ingredients and my pans and commenced to mixing and melting. I made two flourless chocolate tortes, then mixed the dough for yellow cake. Since the LG does not have small cake pans, I used extra large muffin to bake five little cakes. I will split them in half tomorrow, fill them with strawberries (and perhaps add a liquor for flavor) and cream cheese frosting, then frost them with cream cheese frosting. Sounds yummy-hope it tastes yummy, lol! I finished baking about 11:30-11:45pm. Ryan told me not to leave the cakes cooling in the kitchen over night. One, because the kitchen never really cools off and two, because we have furry friends that would find a way to get at the cakes (?!!). So, right now my room smells like a bakery, lol. The cakes should be safe here, unless April sleep walks and eats them, as Kasia said. I hope not!

I start my round of days at the Lobster Grille tomorrow, but don't start until 8am. The rest of my days start at 6:30am. Happy Valentine's Day every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment