Thursday, February 3, 2011

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

"Do what you love---it's what you were meant to do". --the little book of inspirational thoughts on life and love

I am actually posting this today, Thursday, as yesterday seemed fraught with all type and manner of technical difficulties! I spent part of the morning online and on the phone trying to get my data plan fixed for my air card, which allows me to get online through AT&T anywhere and without free WiFi, etc. Bolongo has free WiFi in the Conference Room and near the bar area at the Lobster Grille, but not in guest's rooms. I upgraded to a larger data plan but something went amiss. It works now though! My iPad read "No SIM" and would not let me get on the Internet. I talked with Jordan to see if he had any suggestions this morning and ended up rebooting the iPad with good results. And my phone intermittently told me it could not access mail or the Internet, so it was quite a frustrating day! I thought I might get a sailing lesson in yesterday as I saw a couple go out while I had lunch at Iggie's (a Taco Salad), but saw the jet ski go out and have to bring them back in. Once they got the couple safely back to shore, I saw they beached the Hobie Cat-no more sailing. I didn't go down to see what happened but will try again today. The thought of going out into deep water is kind of scary, but then again, I don't want to NOT have done something in my life just because I was sacred. I guess we all have moments we are scared of something or someone. It is not always easy to over come those fears.

So I worked on my online class in the Conference Room on the Resort's free WiFi and got two lessons done. Too hot for the beach. About 7pm I decided I wanted to sit down like real folks and eat at the Lobster Grille, so asked Lisa, the General Manager, if that was all right. Of course, as soon as I got to the entrance at the LG, about six groups showed up to be seated! Not good timing on my part. I let them go first and waited until Lisa was free before asking. I ended up sitting at the bar next to a guy from Cincinnati, Ohio, named James, who spends about half his time
on St Thomas and half his time in Cincinnati. It was nice to hold an intelligent conversation with someone. He apparently has a building and bonding business. There is a lot of building going on here. St Thomas is beautiful but I don't think I'd like to live here for months on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment