Monday, February 14, 2011

Monday, February 14, 2011


"You never know what good things will pour in when the heart is open to life".

I was up at 7am (or lat least trying to be up by 7am) and got ready for work. I had a cup of coffee and a granola bar before going in. Millie and Cliff seemed surprised to see me. Does anyone look at the schedule?! Millie had me working hot line, although she still doesn't seem want to let me flip omelets. There were Eggs Bebedict, egg sandwiches, omelets, French toast and pancakes to make. then a short break to put away the morning foods and get out the lunch foods. I was sitting ate the large table outside the kitchen along with Millie and a couple of the waitresses. Millie was talking about how she and Carl did not get along. But she said "I can leave April on the line and she will work hard and knows what she is doing". It was like I wasn't there, lol, giving me a back handed compliment. At least they were nice words about me! Lunch was not very busy interestingly enough. However, as I was serving up staff lunches, a man walked in with flowers! For me! They were from Jordan! They are beautiful! :-). I had them sitting on the counter but Millie made me take them to my room. Oh, well. soon everyone knew I had flowers-news travels fast.

Janee and Ryan came in early today to prep for Valentine's Day. They are running an abbreviated menu tonight. I brought out my chocolate tortes, wrapped them, then put them in the walk-in. As for my little cakes from the large muffin tins, I trimmed the tops so they sat flat upside down, cut them in half, filled them with sliced strawberries flavored with Chambord (a raspberry liquor), then frosted them like little cakes using cream cheese frosting. I had to put them in the fridge because the frosting was getting too soft. We'll see what they look like later. I put half a strawberry on top, but may need to do a little something else to dress them up so they don't look like little blobs, lol. They taste good though! Alexis, one of the day bartenders wanted a taste-they got her vote. Millie tasted them, by helping herself, but had no comment on them. I don't seem to impress her much, lol. It was overcast when I left work, so no beach time. I guess even Paradise has it's off days!

Janee asked if I was going to eat at the Lobster Grille tonight. I was assuming they were going to be busy, so didn't even think about it. I did end up eating at the LG bar, it's the easiest way to stay out of the way. She told me to order the lamb, which I did-it was great!. It came with Roasted Rosemary Potato Stacks and green beans.

Not much else happening today. I have tomorrow off, so I am hoping the weather will be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment