Friday, February 11, 2011

Friday, February 11, 2011

"The best way out is always through". -the little book of inspirational thoughts...

Another early morning. Cliff thought he was going to be working by himself, so was surprised to see me. He said Carl was coming at 8am. They have been short since Roy quit, though I'm not sure why they haven't hired someone else. We set up the buffet-scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, fried potatoes with onions, sliced fruit, pina colada yogurt ( they take plain yogurt and put pina colada mix in it), granola and various bread choices. After Carl got there, I went over to the hot line to help Cliff (who insists he likes working with me). It was busy and things were made worse because the computer system was down. So the waitresses had to hand write everything. Unfortunately, they each have their own short hand and not every bodies handwriting is good. Cliff was so upset with them! Fortunately, and for some unknown reason, I understood most of the writing and what they meant. (could it be all those years of reading doctor's handwriting?) the other unfortunate thing was that while Carl finished stocking the pantry station and made the employee lunch, he did not do anything else in the not quite four hours he was there, so either Cliff or myself had to go over and fix orders for the Pantry. At one point one of the waitresses got angry that I messed up her order. She had told me she had two Bolongo Specials but when I looked at the tickets, her name was not on the check, nor was Bolongo Special on it, so I missed it. She went on and on and I finally said, "look, I made a mistake, I'll fix it, but I am not going tom argue with you about this". She kept insisting she was trying to make a point. This group tires me out! The computer finally came back up but not til lunch was also mover. Lord, please don't let them put me there tomorrow! I am scheduled to work at Iggie's for the next two days, 4-10pm. From what I hear, Iggie's is hosting the wedding dinner for any apparently obnoxious wedding party from the States. Should be interesting. Something nice did happen today. The wife of "Bill", of the birthday cake Bill", stopped by the kitchen to thank me and gave me $20!! That was very kind of her! She asked for another cake, though, and I had to tell her she needed to talk to Lisa, the GM. Who'd have thought!?

It was raining when I got off work. I borrowed Janee's car to take my laundry in to be washed. She told me she hadn't put gas in it for a long time, so she gave me some money for gas. Easy enough to do! I'll pick it up tomorrow. Not sure what I'll do tonight. I am thinking I'm hungry! All I had to eat today was a banana and a half of a chicken salad sandwich, we were so busy! Of course I do have lamb chops from the other night at Oceana-those would be good.

I am taking the weekend to think about the job offer at SCOR. I talked with Anne the other day and it is a firm offer if I want it. It would be in Pre-Admissions, Thursday one week, Thursday/Friday the next week, from 8:30am to 5pm. Good salary. That would still let me work at finding either a job as a personal chef or start up my own business. Decisions, decisions.....

No comments:

Post a Comment