Monday, February 28, 2011

Monday, February 28, 2011

My last day in paradise. I had some trouble sleeping last night. Anxious I guess, to say good-bye to everyone here and be on my way. Cliff knocked on my door at 7:30am to give me two bottles of wine as a parting gift! A Rosemount Merlot and Shiraz. I went out about an hour later for breakfast. Cliff gave me a hug, then started to cry. Millie gave me a hug and told me she loved me. Everyone waits til NOW to display all this affection?! Makes it tough to say good-bye. Got a hug from Denise and Gloria telling me what a pleasure it was to meet me. I actually hid in my room for a bit. Wasn't sure what would happen next!

When I went to get breakfast, it was sunny, when I went out at 10am, it was starting to get cloudy. I went to the beach anyway and stayed for about an hour. When it started to rain, I knew beach time was over, lol. I went and picked up my laundry, then returned my uniforms to HR. I talked with June for a while. Paul was busy, so I left. Lori left early. No letter of recommendation from Paul. I did however, get a great letter of recommendation from Janee! She came through in the end. She was very complimentary! It was kind of a wow! letter! I made a few more rounds of people to say good-bye, sat at the bar for a bit and talked to a lady here on vacation who works at a hospital and is totally stressed out by her job (been there done that!). We had a nice chat.

All day I've been getting hugs from the weirdest people, all saying they will miss me and good luck, and please come back. Who'd have thought? Islanders are a strange people!

I met Laura at 8pm for dinner. She had to work til 8pm at the gift shop. Havana Blue is a gorgeous restaurant, on the beach, vaulted ceilings, billowy white shear curtains at the open window areas, blue list, huge chandelier-type light fixture over the bar which is in the center of the room and a glass waterfall. Sweet! The menu was very interesting. There was a Latin theme to everything. They offer tapas so us three women split three different tapas (lettuce wraps with sea bass, mini-tacos de filets-steak, and shredded pork "pizza"). They were all great tasting with unusual flavors that blended very well together. We all also had dessert. Linda was the only one that actually liked her dessert (key lime creme brûlée). Laura's and my desserts (chocolate molten cake and coconut cake) had little flavor. Which only goes to prove what a friend told me years ago--desserts often look better than they taste! The restaurant does a lovely presentation on everything.

I didn't get back to Bolongo until 11:15pm. I will be up at 5:30am tomorrow. It's a travel day. I should get into DC Dulles via San Juan, Puerto Rico, at about 4pm eastern standard time. Night everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment