Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday, February 6, 2011

I think I finally caught up on my sleep-I slept until almost 10am! I ate breakfast, then spent a couple of hours at the beach, ate lunch at Iggie's (a BLT), worked on my online class, then it was time for work. I went in a little early as I knew we would be busy with the Super Bowl. I guess they want me to start coming in at 4pm instead of 5pm anyway when I work Iggie's.

When I got there, everyone was going crazy! They were trying to set up for their special superbowl buffet (brats, hamburgers, hotdogs, chicken wings and BBQ pork) but were behind. Someone called Janee to come down from the LG to help. Janee was a little irritated at Jeff, because she had offered a week ago to come and help with the set up for the Super Bowl party (she has been doing all the banquet work for the resort for five years) and Jeff had refused her help, saying he was on it. Needless to say, they had words, everyone had words because tempers were short. It was most unpleasant. I sliced tomatoes, red onions and lettuce to use as condiments for the buffet. I worked Pantry and even with the buffet, we were really busy! Everyone wanted wings and other appetizers mainly but I did make a lot of salads and chicken wraps and club sandwiches. Jeff got into an argument with on of the waitresses, Alleyne, about her not picking up her orders. It was quite loud and they were both angry. She would leave and then come back in the kitchen and argue with him some more. At one point, John, the GM of Iggie's told Jeff he would take care of "his waitresses". I asked John, our new dishwasher, "Aren't you glad you work here?". He laughed. We made it thru the evening. ESPN was playing in the kitchen, so I heard, rather than saw, most of the Super Bowl. The Packers did win! Made me want to call my Aunt Lorine and ask if she was happy!

I got off at 10pm, came back to my room to shower, talked with Jordan, then headed back to Iggie's to watch the rest of the game and have a drink. Richard, one of the owners, pulled me aside to talk about the game. My new best friend, lol. I also saw Lisa, so asked her what "Bill" had thought of my cake. She told me that she had put in the nightly report that Bill and his guests loved the cake and ate all but two pieces, leaving those for the staff. Made me feel good! You want both positive and negative feedback on your food so you know if you need to change things for the future. A late night, but at least I don't have to be up early! Michael comes to visit tomorrow. And I work at Iggie's from 4-10pm, then have Tuesday and Wednesday off. Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment