Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I started off the day in blissful ignorance, sleeping in a little, talking on the phone, reading, dealing with the policy on my scooter (little did I know that the policy I got from Progressive is only good in Colorado!) and spending a little time on the beach (the sun was very hot today).

I got a call about 3:30pm from John, the GM at Iggie's asking me if I would work the all you can eat crab night tonight. Ugh! My first reaction was, no, I don't get paid for working extra. He said, "well, I can't make you do it but I would appreciate it. I'll give you $20 for doing it (6-10:30pm). I reluctantly said yes, but it made me cranky! All you can eat crab nit at Iggie's (which I've done before but not by myself) means you stand out on the stage outside the bar (when they have bands or parties, this is where the bands play) and cook frozen snow crab legs all evening. The crab is served with island rice, a small corn on the cob, a piece of corn bread with a smear of honey butter, a lemon wedge and melted butter. The rest of the food is made earlier in the day, so only needs to be dished up. The waiters and waitresses put in the number of crab meals they need, then I dish it up for them and they walk out to the stage to pick it up. I can't believe how much people can eat!! James (one of the managers) had to go to the warehouse three times to get more crab! AND---it was karaoke night at Iggie's!! Oh, my! Who told these people they could sing? And hear I was, a captive audience! I will admit that some of the people sounded ok. Like the girl who did a rap song. She just looked odd because she had on a long island-type dress but sounded and moved like she should have been wearing urban chic! There was one older guy who sang at least four times, doing old Frank Sinatra numbers. There were two young girls who could NOT sing, who sang a duet, as well as a young black couple who sang "Endless Love" to each other. Amazing! It was still going on when I left at 10:30, lol.

So here I am, it's almost 11:30 and I'm not sleepy. I work at 6:30am the next two mornings. And I promised Stephanie, on of the morning waitresses at the LG, that I would make her a cake for her first anniversary (now she wants mango). I am going to fudge a little, so I use as few Bolongo supplies as possible (all cleared through Janee), and start with a yellow cake as a base. The recipe sounds good, so I think it will all work out. Less than two weeks and counting!

that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment