Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

"Faith is hope on fire". -little book of inspirational thoughts....

A day off, always a pleasure! Took my time getting up, getting dressed. Had cereal for breakfast this morning, Frosted Mini Wheats. I think my system went into shock at all that fiber, lol, but nothing else sounded good. I worked on the computer some, then looked outside, trying to decide what to do today. There were 14-16 feet wave warnings on the north side of the island. This is the Atlantic Ocean side, so makes sense. Bolongo is on the south side of the island which means the Caribbean and some rough water, but not the same swells as on the north shore. Between breakfast and the time I went back out again, it had gotten cloudy. The Hobie Cat was beached so I kept on walking and went to 340 Water Sports and rented a Jet Ski! I wanted to go out for a while, so signed up for one of their shorter tours. This one goes from Bolongo to the harbor of Charlotte Amalie and back. There was a family going but they wanted to wait a bit, so I went back to my room and told them to call me when they were ready. I got a call about 1pm and met Josh and a man named Bob and his daughter, who apparently remained unnamed, and off we went. It was so cool this time! I wasn't scared and so had no problem gunning it but spent more time looking around so sometimes fell behind. I think Bob was worried he was holding me back and so offered to let me go first but I was ok bringing up the rear. Off we went toward Charlotte Amalie, then thru the harbor and around Water Island, back out to sea (the Caribbean Sea on the south side of St Thomas) and back to Bolongo Bay. Truly had a blast! Matt, the owner and Josh are really nice guys. They both call me Miss April-both nice southern gentlemen, lol. I wish them success.

After I cleaned up, I went looking for June, who works in HR. She is so nice-from the States. She and her husband had an electrical fire in their apartment yesterday and so spent most of the night cleaning up. I had started to talk to her about it yesterday, but got interrupted and had to get back to work. Well June wasn't there, she was out buying a car! She brought it back to show everyone. She hasn't driven since she moved here a year ago! I think her husband thinks it's going to be interesting seeing if she can do it, lol. In the meantime, I talked to
Paul and Lori (HR Director). They wanted to know when my last work day was. I told them my last work day was Sunday, February 27, that I was taking Monday, the 28th to pack, then flying out Tuesday, March 1. Only four more work days left! Apparently they have decided to give me a little something extra when I leave because they like me (!?). We'll see what happens, nice thought though!

Because it did rain some, I spent the afternoon working on my online Sanitation class. I also called my sister, Janell, it's her birthday today. Happy Birthday, Janell!! I also finished my Chocolate Raspberry Mousse.

At 7pm, I went out to the Lobster Grille and had a salad and a glass of wine. It was really slow there tonight. I talked to Lawson a bit
(otherwise known as 007) and found out Lisa, the GM quit on Monday. That's too bad, I really liked her but I know she wasn't happy about all the micromanaging going on at Bolongo. I wish her well.

I did buy a local paper today. Janee was interviewed as part of a review of some of the island's better restaurants. She even had a nice picture in the paper! Way to go Janee, Bolongo Executive Chef! She was very pleased to be interviewed and she should be. It was good publicity for her and for Bolongo.

After dinner, I took a walk on the beach. So pretty at night. So many stars out, which are so easy to see because there are no city list to distract you. Waves rolling onto the sand, light breeze, the only thing missing was Jordan! How romantic! Then it was back to my room. Gotta work early in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment