Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

"It's a rare person who can take care of hearts while also taking care of business".

I was up at 7am and picked up Michael from his room-156. He has a much nicer room than I have!! Though the layout is pretty much the same. We ate at the Lobster Grille. I am sure we (I) will be the center of a LOT of gossip. April, being with a man other than her "husband" Jordan! I have learned over the years that people will think what they will, no matter what you say. Oh, well!

We took a walk after breakfast, then went back to his room and both did some computer work as well as a lot of talking, catching up. We had lunch at Iggie's-splitting their Spinach Artichoke Dip and a Caesar salad. There were three iguanas that showed up at Iggie's for lunch! No one seemed frightened by them, but they got quite close to guests, hoping to get some food, lol. Michael took a nap after that and I went back to my room and rested for a bit. I made reservations for Oceana restaurant in the Frenchtown district in Charlotte Amalie. I had been there before with Jordan for cocktails but we didn't eat there. They have a fantastic view of Frenchman's Bay. And they use tablecloths! A fine dining restaurant, lol. As an appetizer I had Tuna Tartar with homemade potato chips. Michael had Cream of Asparagus soup. For entrees, I had Mustard Crusted New Zealand Lamb Chops and Michael had Grilled Tuna. Everything was very good! Dessert was a trio of three ice creams for me (peanut butter with chocolate chunks, guava Ginger and strawberry-all house made). Michael had a Meyer Lemon Terrine (a lemon mousse really, very light and tangy). We shared a bottle of French Burgundy-quite nice! Michael had me do the tasting when the waiter opened the wine. The waiter wanted to decant the wine but I did not think it needed it, so we didn't. Michael had asked me to chose the wine, but I couldn't make up my mind, lol. So he chose. Good choice! Then it was back to Bolongo.

Tomorrow Michael has arranged a "spa" day for me-manicure, pedicure, massage and facial at the Ritz-Carlton! What a nice surprise!! He thinks it highly unlikely that I have had any pampering since I got here and he would be right! What a dear friend he has been over the years. Dinner tomorrow is at "Room With A View". I am also looking forward to that dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment