Saturday, February 5, 2011

Saturday, February 5, 2011


"In the seed is an apple you can't see yet".

After not sleeping well, I went in early to work at the Lobster Grille because I didn't want Cliff to start work by himself. I told him Janee said we should have a breakfast buffet. Cliff didn't want to do it (he hates putting out food for a buffet-says it's a waste), but after checking to see how many guests we had (126), he decided it was a good idea. I ran through a list of things I had to do working the Pantry and he HAD to come over and show me the proper way to do everything-even how to cut the fruit (slices)! I set up my station, he came over and changed it. I told him not to worry about me as he had much more to do, but he seemed in his element and wanted to do everything. I almost lost it when he told me how to use the peeler to shave the carrots for a salad. I asked him-"Don't I get to use my imagination?". He seemed taken back. I said I had been "shaving" carrots since November and sometimes I just wanted to do things differently. At least he let me finish making the salad the way I wanted to. Oy vay! Millie, who came in to work extra for a few hours, was the same. For a while I was convinced that I was being punished, lol, but you just have to let it go.

We weren't terribly busy for lunch, so I was able to start working on making dark chocolate ganache for my layer cake and make Vanilla Buttercream frosting without putting in overtime. I put ganache in between the layers, then glazed the entire cake with ganache, then frosted and decorated it with the Buttercream (so much better tasting that frosting made with shortening). I did not have a small tip to use for writing "Happy Birthday Bill" so had to use a ziplock bag and cut a small hole on a corner then used it like a piping bag. I took pictures so I'll add then later. AND, the important thing, one of them anyway, is that it tasted good. Now we'll see if Bill likes it, lol. His birthday dinner takes place at 6pm.

After I got off work at 3pm, I showered, then went and sat on the beach by myself for a while to unwind. I am still reminded of the saying "you can stand anything for short periods of time". I only have three weeks left, I can do this! While I was sitting there, all by myself, one of the large iguana came ambling by, stopped for a bit and we both were sitting there contemplating Bolongo Bay. It was kind of cute, lol. Tomorrow, I work at Iggie's from 5-10pm. Super Bowl party at Iggie's tomorrow so I think we'll be busy.

Don't know what I'll do for dinner tonight but I should decide soon! Choices, choices, lol. I decided on the LG-and had Lobster Pie with rice and asparagus. Very good. While I was sitting, eating at the bar, it started to just POUR rain! It came down steadily for half an hour. It rained this morning while I was at work, but I never knew it, lol. I am back in my room and hoping for an early night and a good night's sleep. I could use it.

Tomorrow I go to work at 5pm at Iggie's. It's Super Bowl Sunday so we will in all likelihood be busy. Packers vs. Steelers. My aunt asked where my Packer spirit was and I guess if I would have to choose one team, it would be the Packers, lol. GO Packers!

No comments:

Post a Comment