Thursday, February 3, 2011

Thursday, February 3, 2011

"If you have no regrets, you need to get out more".-little book of inspirational thoughts on life and love...

I spent most of the morning trying to get my various electronics to work. I think they are all fixed now! Yeah! I tried to take a sailing lesson but learned what happened to the couple that got stuck yesterday-they lost a rudder! So no sailing for anyone. Lee says maybe tomorrow. I went to the beach and sat and read a book, nothing technical. There was a woman sitting one chair over that asked about my iPad. We had a long talk-her name is Susan and she is from Cleveland, Ohio. She and her husband are retired professors from one of the junior colleges in Cleveland. They have been coming here for 15 years! They love it here, but don't live here and she acknowledged that it would be far different living here. Right now, they still enjoy it. I came in, showered, then went to pick up my laundry. Janee let me use her car. There do not seem to be any speed limits here. Amazing!

I went for an early dinner at the Lobster Grille. I sat at the bar next to Gloria, who is one of the morning waitresses and works part time in the gift shop. She was just there relaxing and dishing on everyone! Amazing what people will tell you after they've had a little alcohol! I had a half order of Curried Seafood Stew with pita toasts. It was good, but I was very full! Gloria asked me to have another glass of wine and sit with her. I had another half, but then had to go-I was tired! And I can only take so much dishing! I went back to my room to relax. I think it's going to be an early night.

I work the front of the house with Lisa tomorrow at 4pm. And I need to bake a birthday cake tomorrow. I was going to try to bake some cookies this afternoon, but the kitchen was partially flooded because one of the drains was backed up, so I thought I should stay out of the way. It was a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment