Monday, January 31, 2011

Monday, January 31, 2011

"Make today a day for the fancy toothpicks". -from the little book of inspirational thoughts

Yet another lovely day in paradise...... It was sunny but warm today. There are days (usually 82 or warmer) when it is actually too warm to comfortably sit in the sun, as well as being very humid. After a breakfast of French toast and sausage, I sat out on the beach for a couple of hours, careful not to spend all the time in the sun. There was a nice breeze, so it never seems as hot when there's a breeze blowing. I came back in and watched "Meet Joe Black" on HBO before going down to Iggie's at 5pm to work. There was a private party this morning at Iggie's that the staff at Iggie's had to prep for. Usually that type of thing falls on the Lobster Grille staff to prep, but with Janee gone last week, Iggie's inherited the job. I ran into Mary on the way down and she told me she had not done much for me because she had had to prep for thenparty. "Me back and side are killin' me!" she said. I told her go home, and take care of herself.

Lots of tomatoes to dice and slice, shredded lettuce to chop, cucumbers to slice (no more seeding and dicing, too much of a waste of product). It was not a very busy night, I guess Mondays usually aren't. There is a dessert called a Mokie Jumbie (I do not knowmwhere they got that name, lol), which is two Rasta Brownies (regular 3x3 inch brownies with chocolate chips-marijuana free), three scoops of vanilla ice cream, chocolate sauce and whipped cream. I had been dishing it up with chocolate ice cream and one of the waitresses corrected me. When I questioned her, she glared at me and told me she had worked there for FIVE years, she ought to know what the dessert did and did not have. Not sure who peed in her Wheaties tonight, but I fixed it and apologized. Not much else to do. The shift for Pantry is only five hours, but when we aren't busy, it seems like it stretchs on forever! At 9:30, Jeff, the kitchen manager, showed up and wanted to do inventory. He gave us each two pages to do. I was the first one done, which surprised him greatly, lol. I told him I had done inventory at the Lobster Grille and also that it had been part of my previous job responsibilities. Unfortunately he gave me another page! I still got off at 10pm. I brought back some Coconut Shrimp with some type of sauce that turned out to be almost tasteless! Imagine my surprise! I think I may say something to Jeff about it. I probably would not order it again with that sauce. We used to serve the Coconut Shrimp at the LG on the old menu, but it came with a sweet and spicy Thai sauce.

A shower, a phone call to Jordan and it's time for bed. I am back at the LG tomorrow, 2-10pm working Pantry. Then two days off!

No comments:

Post a Comment