Sunday, January 16, 2011

Sunday, January 16, 2011

I slept in late today. I think if I hadn't gotten a phone call at 10am I would probably have slept in even later. I have not slept well since changing rooms. There is a lot of light in the room even at night because of the light weight curtains and the security lights outside. Oh, well.

I had lunch at Iggie's then sat out in the pool area and read a book. It was a beautiful day. I went back to my room about 2pm to do a little checking on my computer. When I went back out to go to work about 4:45, it was cloudy and looked like it was going to rain. When I got to Iggie's Jeff was already working. Apparently Mary called in sick. Jesse showed up a little after I did. I was happy to see someone I knew and had worked with before. I didn't know the dishwasher, but he seemed to have a good time flirting with all the waitresses! Jeff worked the entire evening. I think he was driving Jesse crazy, but I'm not sure why. Working the Pantry, I still made sandwiches, wraps and salads but served more desserts than I usually do during the day. We have a new brownie product-it's Otis Spunkmeyer. No chocolate chips in them but they are frosted. Didn't get a chance to taste one. I also did a little prep. Thawed some chicken hind quarters, trimmed them, separated the leg from the thigh, seasoned them, then we didn't use them so in the walk-in they went. I also thawed mahi, thawed calamari, then had to rebag them when we were done at the end of the shift. I reheated rice and BBQ pulled pork. I agree with Jesse. I only worked five hours, but they seemed like a long five hours! We were fairly busy, but not too crazy. They had a band there called Two Blue Shoes, which Jesse claimed were "two old guys who played like dead men". I didn't think they were that bad, but I'm not 20 or 30!

Back to my room after work for a shower and dinner. I made a BLT for myself before I left for the night. I work 8am-4pm tomorrow at the warehouse. So I should go to bed soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment