Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday, January 20, 2011


Didn't do much else today but work. Talked to Michael this morning on the phone, then finally decided on two recipes to offer up to Janee for her special Valentine's Day dinner. The first, a dark chocolate flour less torte served with whipped cream and a baked cranberry sauce. The second, three mini chocolate cupcakes with either cream cheese or butter cream frosting and a small caramel drizzle, with a chocolate drizzle on a long skinny plate, toasted hazelnuts and either raspberries or strawberries as garnish. She liked both of them. I told her to think about it and of she wanted, I would make them up ahead of time for a trial.

I was at work at 1pm, I did banquet prep today. I started out by poaching shrimp for shrimp cocktail. I made a small bowl of cocktail sauce (ketchup, horseradish, salt and pepper-who'd have thought it would be that easy?). Then I made pineapple salsa (3 pineapples, 2 red peppers, 2 green peppers, 2 red onions, all diced, 6 Tbsp cilantro, salt and pepper, lime juice and honey to taste). I made lobster quesadillas (chopped lobster, shredded jack and cheddar cheeses and flour tortillas), three large ones, then cut 2 inch circles out of the large finished tortillas to use as appetizers. I also made black bean salsa to put on top the quesadillas (Pace salsa with canned black beans, drained and rinsed-see how easy it can be, lol!). I cut red potatoes, then put dried thyme, oil, salt and pepper, then roasted them. Janee took beef tenderloin, butterflied them, filled them with blue cheese crumble, tied them off to keep their shape, coated them with blackening seasoning, seared them, then baked them medium rare. She cut them into one inch slices and served them as an appetizer. There was also roasted pork and roasted asparagus. I took a picture of Tyan holding up the poor little pig that will be roasted tomorrow. :-(

I baked 100 Otis Spunkmeyer chocolate chip cookies, seasoned 4 cases of mahi with blackening seasoning and oil, made arancini for the boys on the dinner line cause they were busy, seasoned four pork butt roasts and put them in the oven to roast, then helped Janee load boxes on the golf cart so she could take them down to Iggie's. Janee let me go home after that-an hour early!

Dinner was a Cesar salad and some of the left over lobster quesadilla. Not bad at all! I'm off the next two days. Yeah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment