Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We were awoken last night at 2am by what sounded like a gunshot! Then the power went out. Eventually the generator kicked in and the fan came back on. I later learned that a transformer blew and knocked out the power to the Lobster Grille and The eat wing, where I live, the generator ran most of the day before it was fixed. Jordan took a taxi at 5:30am (the only time available if you can believe that!). Sad to see him go! I did go back to bed though and got up at 8:30am and had breakfast. Janee texted me and asked me to start at 12 noon instead of 11am. I'm suppose to be prepping for banquets (the Rotary Club dinner, the employee dinner tomorrow night and the buy out at Iggie's Friday. A buy out is when a person or company is willing to pay enough money to Bolongo that they will not lose money if they shut the restaurant to the public.). Once I caught up with Janee, she started me out making three mixed green salads, a total of 11 heads of romaine worth of salad! Once those were done and plated on the appropriate platters, I was told to make 200 cookies. Now don't get too excited for me, that means taking pre-formed frozen Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough, pitting it on a cookie sheet and baking it. It's all they use!! While waiting to do that and in between batches, I cut up red potatoes so they could be roasted tomorrow. I also got nine pork butt roasts ready for roasting tomorrow and Friday. Unfortunately, they were still frozen (although Gene had assured Janee they were thawed and ready to go)! So they will sit out overnight to finish thawing but they are ready to roast. I chopped onions for sauce for lasagna. Looks like Janee and Ryan will be cooking dinner for the staff. I didn't think they would give at up! They are too attached to the Lobster Grille! The Grille will be closed tomorrow for the employee party. The managers wait on the employees, which Paul says the staff loves, lol.

After work and a shower, I had a drink and an appetizer at the bar. Harry always takes good care of me! I ended up sitting with Richard, Paul and Paul's wife Colleen. They asked about Jordan and if he left this morning. Apparently they liked him! Nice to know! We had a very pleasant time talking, then they left to go home. I went back to my room. I have tomorrow off, amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment