Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Tuesday, January 4, 2010

I have today off, so Jordan and I went on the BVI tour. We left Bolongo at 8am and headed to Red Hook. Instead of a private ferry like we took last time, we had to take the regular ferry. Once we got to St John's, we were met by Charlie, the same driver I had the last trip I took. Same joke about being a Charlie's Angel, lol. We got the botanical lecture, stopped at a bakery for a snack and they also recommended beer, but It was too early for Jordan and I don't drink beer. I had ordered Greek salad for lunch but what came out was taco salad, same as three others. But it was all good, so it didn't matter. We sat with a family who had spent two weeks sailing around the BVI on their own. The husband was retired from the State Dept while his wife stilled worked for the State Dept in Germany. They had three kids with them. They had a daughter who lives in Reno! Small world! Again, nice people, though the husband always seemed to be on the phone, so we thought maybe he wasn't all that retired, lol! Next stop was Trunk Bay, same place I lost my glasses on my last trip. I stopped by the ranger station, but they didn't have anything there so no glasses yet. Jordan snorkeled, I sat on the beach. Next stop was shopping but we didn't stop at the same place as last trip. Charlie took us back downtown so we would be sure to catch the ferry back to St Thomas. This ferry was a rickety old boat, and didn't seem like it could carry as many people as it did and we made it back to Red Hook in one piece.

We walked down to Iggie's for a drink when we got back, then took a shower and walked to Mim's for dinner. It started out to be a nice dinner, but dinner never came! So we left. Won't go back there I don't think. We walked back to the Lobster Grille and sat at the bar for awhile before bed. The weather was beautiful and the night peaceful. Jordan leaves in the morning :-(.

No comments:

Post a Comment