Friday, January 7, 2011

Friday, January 7, 2011

I worked days again in the Lobster Grille. It was just myself, Clif and Roy. I worked on the hot line with Roy, but he seems to like to do most of it himself, so I didn't argue, just helped where I could. Unfortunately, he kept disappearing so had to pick up the slack at odd times. The kitchen was very warm today and he kept complaining about how hot it was (I agree!) and I think was going outside to cool off. The more I work there, there more it seems that the people there don't really like each other. I don't know.....I just do my work.

The evening kitchen staff is all freaked out because Iggie's is closed tonight for a buy out so everyone will be eating at the Lobster Grille. We'll see what actually happens. I put two pigs, which someone had sawed in half, into the ovens at noon today for tonight's buy out party. Should be interesting! I was talking to Laura in the gift shop and she told me business usually picks up the middle to end of January and that they are busy thru April. This is the first time someone has actually put a time frame on the busy and slow times. I heard different things from different people. I will soon need to discuss leaving in March so I have time to get my "stuff" back to Reno and go to my Personal Chef class in Denver the first weekend in April. I am doing a lot of reading and taking some online classes in an effort to figure out exactly what I want to do when I finish here. I like cooking but I love baking, so will try to fit that in.

I'm at Iggie's tomorrow, 9am to 4pm. Should be interesting (my new favorite word, lol). I think I'll eat at the bar tonight and forgo table service. Currently I am in the conference room on my computer. I've added a few more pictures if you get a chance to take a look back thru my entries. It rained cats and dogs for about 1/2 an hour-had people scurrying all around to get out of the rain. It was very humid today so hopefully the rain will improve the air! I think I'll go check my schedule for next week. It comes out at 5pm every Friday, no sooner and no more than one week posted at a time. Also a very interesting way to run a business....

No comments:

Post a Comment