Monday, January 17, 2011

Monday, January 17, 2011

I was up at 7am, got dressed for working at the warehouse, got my own cup of coffee from the Lobster Grille, ate a granola bar, then went back the the Grille to clock in. No such luck. The computers apparently are not working in either restaurant.

When I arrived at the warehouse, I found Gene, the manager, by himself. When he learned I was suppose to spend the day at the warehouse, it further fueled the anger he already had going. Today is a holiday, so Luz, his assistant, has the day off. He told me Bolo had been suspended so he was working with William, the sub driver, who wasn't there yet. Which meant that Gene was going to have to pull all the orders. He didn't seem very excited about that, nor about having me there. I suggested that I help pull orders either with him or for him, then leave. He did agree to that. We had two deliveries while I was there, which I helped to unload (I'm building muscles, lol, who needs a gym?!). Then I helped pull orders, copied the original orders as a copy goes back with the order when it's delivered, and when we finished ahead of schedule, I left. I tried to clock out at 10:30 but the computers still are not working. So I have the rest of the day to myself.

I worked most of the day on my online event planning class, finished the course and passed. Yeah! I made a sandwich at lunch at the Lobster Grille so I could take a break. Dinner was a wedge salad (iceberg lettuce wedge, blue cheese dressing, bacon bits and red onions-how retro!) and Shrimp Scampish served over linguini. Very tasty. Now I'm just relaxing. Interesting day in paradise.....

No comments:

Post a Comment