Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday, January 10, 2011

I was up at 7:30am, so I could have breakfast before I went to Iggie's at 9am. Coffee, egg sandwich and potatoes. I don't think I'm gonna get a break today if Mary is working, lol! And sure enough, it was Mary and I. The dishwasher, Patrick, didn't show up until after 10am. I set up the pantry station, where I worked today. Chopping lettuce, making sure there was enough tomatoes, cucumbers, red onions, carrots, bread, dressings, and mayonnaise. I got to make island roulade (1 gal mayo, 3 cups catsup, 2 cups horseradish, 1 cup Dijon mustard, 1 cup capers, chopped and one bunch of parsley, minced). It turned out well. Then it was back to marinating chicken legs and chicken breasts! I can't believe they go thru that much chicken!! But it's all about being prepared in the restaurant business. The chicken I did today ended up in the freezer. Then I thinly sliced a ten pound piece of roast beef, weighed out six oz of it and placed them in Baggies that went in the freezer. In between all this, I made garden salads, Cesar salads, turkey club sandwiches and taco salads. No desserts today! Throughout the day, our dishwasher, Patrick, kept disappearing, then a woman showed up at the back door of the kitchen asking to see him, saying she was pregnant. This boy has issues! He seems like a nice kid, but it's hard to work around all this drama. Mary and to ask her to leave and wait until Patrick was off work. I was very happy to leave at 4!

When I got back to my room, there was a message for me. Ice (not sure what that is short for) at the front desk said she had some bad news for me. The way she sounded I thought she was going to tell me someone had died! But the message said the owners of my room were arriving Thursday, so I had to move to 103. That's not so bad, it's just next door. Apparently Richard, Sr, back before there were ever time shares, had the idea to "sell" rooms at Bolongo. There are a few original owners left, all up there in age and the couple that own room 102 only want to stay in room 102! Even when they could stay in a nicer room. So tomorrow before I go to work, I need to move my stuff over (I offered to do it tonight but there's no air conditioner in 103 and I guess they are going to remedy that before I move in!).

Janee let me borrow her car so I could take my laundry to the cleaners. When I got back I went to the Manager's cocktail party. They serve appetizers and rum punch and get to talk with the managers. And now it's time for dinner. Not sure what I want to eat...

Tomorrow I'm back at the Lobster Grille working 2-10pm at the Pantry station.

I was headed to the Lobster Grille when John, the General Manager at Iggie's called me over. He told me that he and Janee had talked and that they were taking me off of my warehouse stint Wednesday and instead giving me the day off because they want me to work Pantry at Iggie's Sunday (I was scheduled to be off) from 5-10pm. Not much choice as an intern so I just said ok. Dinner was Paradise chicken served with island rice and green beans. The chicken is roasted with a mango glaze brushed on and served with mango salsa. Very good!
Not much else to report.....

No comments:

Post a Comment