Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Monday, January 3, 2010

6am comes early!! I went into work at 6:30am (it's nice to just walk out the door and be at work) and found just Clif there. I asked him if it was just us and he said Millie would be in at 7. So I put bacon in the oven as well as sausage, pulled out all the breakfast things and put them in the breakfast station. Then orders started coming in and it was time to go to work. All in all, it was a discouraging day. I have to get used to the islander's way of talking, that they aren't necessarily "yelling", they just talk loud and fast. They also cook things to death! When I cook, I try to cook food they way we were taught. Sometimes the other cooks let me cook how I want, other times, they just take over what I'm doing and finish it how they want. I have been hearing a lot more complaints from guests that the service at the Lobster Grille is slow and that during the day the food is not good, that Iggie's does a better job of lunch than the Lobster Grille. Not good. I did talk with Janee at the end of the evening and they realize there's a problem. And it won't be fixed over night.

Dew went to XO Bistro for dinner. Some of the menu looked suspiciously like Lobster Grille, and I understand this is Janee's favorite restaurant. I had a goat cheese salad and Jordan and I split lasagna, of all things. It was quite good! Then back to Bolongo. We road there and back with a couple from Indianapolis who were there with their son. And the wife is a nurse! Small world! I've met some very nice people here.

No comments:

Post a Comment