Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I slept in (I think I should enjoy this while I can!) this morning, then went to the LG kitchen and got my own fruit and yogurt and coffee and ate I. My room. Nice and quiet there! I spent a couple of hours at the beach, catching some rays and reading a mystery novel. Then it was soon time for work.

I worked the Pantry at the Lobster Grille tonight. I made French onion soup today (15 yellow onions, 3 T minced garlic, 3 cups red wine, 3 bay leaves, 8 quarts water, 1/2 container of beef base, 3 T Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/2 T black pepper) then set up my station. There is usually romaine lettuce to cut, cucumbers, tomatoes and sometimes I need to make dressing or cut something for a specialty salad. I also have to finish baking the French bread. It comes in a box, par-baked, and we finish it off the day we use it. I also have to make sure there are little containers of butter ready. We soften, then whip, three pounds of unsalted butter, then put the butter in a pastry bag, then pipe it into little black plastic containers for individual servings. We keep them in the reach in until the wait staff needs them. The bread goes into a warmer that, today, I forgot to turn on! This is something I need to check regularly, to make sure the wait staff has the bread they need. I was helping Drew prep, cause I thought I was all set up, lol. He had a lot to do cause they were busy the night before and used up all our reserves. I felt bad for him because he wasn't ready at 6pm when we opened because he had so much to do. I chopped calamari for him and made (successfully) the Bernaisse sauce or the filet mignon. we weren't crazy busy, but we had late guests come in, so Indidn't get off work until after 10:30pm! In Pantry, you do not only salads but desserts also, so sometimes you are the last person to leave.

I did bring home a salad but was not hungry by the time I got back to my room. It will keep til tomorrow, though. I talked with Jordan, then did my blog, and now it is time for bed. No drama today I am happy to report! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment