Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday, January 15, 2011

I was up at 7:30a for work at Iggie's today. While I was eating my toast, Richard, one of the owners, came through and asked me to stop by before I went to work. When I did, he reminded me that workers were not to wear work clothes and especially not a name tag when eating at the restaurants or drinking at the bar. (I was guilty of that) He also said he felt he needed to tell me that the waitresses were grumbling about having to wait on me because I didn't tip well (can you say very little income, if any?) and they felt I was taking a seat away from guests (not many guests). Since Janee had told me when I first arrived that I could eat in the restaurant if I wanted and that I could chose to tip or not tip). So..he told me although he did not know what "deal" his brother, Paul had given me, Richard didn't think I should eat in the restaurant or sit at the bar unless I was paying money for whatever I was eating or drinking. I was quite surprised to hear all this. He also added that he hadn't thought I was going to make it at Bolongo (!). Some things you just don't need to hear!

After all that, it was off to work. I worked Pantry again, which also meant lots of prep. Today, however, I only prepped two bags of chicken wings, two bags of chicken tenders, one box of chicken breasts and two bags of chicken hind quarters. Jeff is very serious about not over prepping and he makes a good point: more frequent prep throughout the week means fresher food for the guests as well as being better for the food (instead of it being frozen, then thawed, marinated, then frozen again). I also made coleslaw but turns out that the staff as well as myself, used too much dressing! Jeff took all the coleslaw, but it in a strainer, then strained all the excess dressing out of it so it could be saved and reused. Saving money. I made salads, sandwiches and wraps. No desserts today.

After work, I came back to my room, showered, then read some. I went to the bar and asked Lawson (otherwise known as 007) and asked for a drink and asked him to put a to go order in for me (lobster arancini). I made sure to tip him appropriately, although he looked at me kind of funny. I went to the kitchen and picked up my own order and talked to Janee as well. She seemed quite surprised at what Richard had said and was a little irritated at the waitresses for complaining. Nothing she can do about it though. I ate in my room and stayed there. I have some thinking to do

No comments:

Post a Comment