Sunday, January 30, 2011

Sunday, January 30, 2011

When I got up this morning, Suzanne made Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberries. They were great! Nice texture, good taste. She also made a fruit plate of melon and strawberries, very artistic presentation. At 10:15am, it was time to go to the airport. They dropped me off, I checked in, went through security, went to the gate and before they would let us walk to the plane (same Dash-8, Series 300), we were patted down and they looked through everyone's carry-on. I thought that was suppose to happen at the first security checkpoint. The plane took off early again, which was fine by me. After landing on St Thomas, it was a trip thru Customs where they asked a lot of questions (they did not know what a Culinary intern was) and then ran our bags through another x-ray machine. After that, I was free to go. The taxi ride back to Bolongo cost me $14.00 (Delita charged me $12) plus tip. Only money, right?

I work at 5pm at Iggie's in the Pantry, so I have a little down time. It was sad leaving Suzanne and Pat after just two days. We had a very good time together and it reminded me that it has been far too long since I've seen her. Janee is back from Miami. She had a baseball sized cyst removed from her ovary but is feeling much better than before she left Bolongo. I talked with her before work because she had scheduled me to work in the warehouse on Wednesday. I told her I did not want to go back there after my experience a week or two ago. She agreed with me and said she had wondered the same thing when she looked at the schedule. As it turns out, I was scheduled to work at Iggie's Monday evening, a day I had off on the Lobster Grille schedule. Good thing I checked both schedules! I'll just get Wednesday off instead of Monday, no more warehouse.

Iggie's was kind of busy tonight. I made salads and sandwiches and wraps and plated desserts. It's funny, but the wait staff have started commenting how pretty my dessert plates look. Either I'm getting better, or they don't get out much! We have a new dishwasher. He's kind of quiet, but seems to do a good job and seems like a nice guy. Otherwise, I am getting into the swing of working at Iggie's.

At 10pm, it was back to my room with a to go container of hummus and pita bread and a glass of wine. A shower and then I talked to Jordan who has been grading homework from his USC students. I only have a month left here. I think time is going to go quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment