Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

I decided to share a quote, from my little book of inspirational quotes, with you every day. Some are funny, others profound, but I figure if I enjoy them, so will you. So today's saying is: "There's no problem that friends cannot confront, combat, plot against, ignore, make fun of, drown in chocolate sauce or run over with a car".

I am getting pretty dark skinned (as dark as a girl with an English/Scots heritage can get!), so I figure I'll spend this morning out of the sun. My freckles have multiplied tremendously, which makes me wonder if there are so many freckles that they are growing together and overlapping so that's why I look so tan, lol! Just reading and trying to decide which online class I'll do next. Lots to learn still.

I go to work at 2pm at the Lobster Grille. I've got that down pretty well. Good thing I'm organized! It was Ryan, Jesse and myself tonight. I helped them get started as I could not set up my station until the day shift was done. Lunch is served until 2:30pm, evening shift comes in at 2pm, so there is an overlap. I made mashed potatoes, roasted herbed red potatoes, made the employee dinner (a tomato sauce with ground beef from scratch, pasta and garlic bread). I was pleased to near Ryan say he wanted to keep the excess to use again, so it must have been pretty good! I also had to poach shrimp for our shrimp and lobster cocktail. Then I set up my station. I put out four types of salad dressing (blue cheese, ranch, sour sop and ceasar), tomato chunks, cherry tomatoes, hearts of palm, thinly slices red onions, and pickled onions. The Pantry station is a cold unit that has slots that a sixth pan fits into for a total of ten slots. There is a hitched lid that goes up and down so you can access the food when you need it, but close it again when you are done so food stays cold. Down below is a two door refrigerator that holds three more dressings, smoked salmon, cut romaine lettuce, iceberg lettuce (for the wedge salad), mixed baby greens for the Lobster Grapefruit Salad, tomato wedges, lemon wedges, diced tomatoes, diced onions, capers, whipped cream, lobster tails, cooked
shrimp and a few odds and ends. Business was pretty steady all evening. I kept busy in between by cleaning up after the boys, and keeping myself stocked with romaine, tomatoes and sliced onions. Ryan and Jesse were all wound up, listening to rap music (I told Ryan some of it sounds like Chinese water torture. He assured me it was the radio, lol, otherwise he knows I would appreciate it. I was out by 10pm, showered, then spent a little time at the bar with Ryan and Jesse. I went back to my room to listen to the State of the Union address. Always interesting hearing what the President has to say. I am back at the Lobster Grille tomorrow, 2-10pm. Ryan says I get to be his bitch for 8 hours. I think he's looking forward to it more than I am, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment