Thursday, December 30, 2010

Wednesday, December 29, 2010


Third day on days. I was in pantry today and started by chopping fruit (cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon and pineapple). Millie must have taken my knife from me five times, trying to show me exactly how she wanted the fruit cut (I was cutting too small), then showing me how to chopped faster, and finally "borrowing" my knife to cut something for herself. I admit to being a little ticked off about that, the islanders think nothing of just picking upnamknife, cutting board, etc to use, instead of getting their own. Doesn't seem to matter if you were going to get something and then come back. You weren't using it when they picked it up were you? They thought I was made about being in pantry and not line cooking (I wasn't) because I think Millie was right, you need to learn all the stations. And I told them so, although I didn't tell them why I was really irritated, it wasn't worth the aggravation, I just need to work on my attitude, people are what they are.

Breakfast from 7:30-10:30am, lunch from 11:30am to 2:30pm. There is time to tear down then set back up for the next mealtime. And the regulars take lots of breaks. I brought a lunch meal to the kitchen so I could know what went with what. They do have specific ideas for plating each dish, but every one seems to do it a little differently. Kinda like the same, but different, lol.

After work (and rather than sitting around until quitting time, I leave when I am done), Jordan and I went on the sunset cruise. It is beautiful and relaxing. I love sailing! After we came back, we visited Harry at the bar, then had dinner at the Lobster Grille. Prime rib, mashed potatoes and asparagus. Jordan had a wedge salad. Turns out he did not like the sour sop dressing. It has an unusual taste and I think you either like it or you don't.

After dinner, we walked down to Iggie's where they were having "Carnaval". He got to see King Herron walk on glass (not on lighted glass, poor guy could not get it to burn, too windy) and do the limbo while balancing burning bottles (kind of like lighted candles). Then Jordan dragged me up on stage for the last dance of the evening. Vernita saw me and called out my name, so he felt he had to help her get people up on their little stage. Ah, well, there are worse things I could be asked to do! I am off tomorrow and am looking forward to sleeping in!

No comments:

Post a Comment