Friday, December 17, 2010

Friday, December 17, 2010

I actually got to cook today! There was not much prepping to do for today. A lot of it got done yesterday because we were so slow. Tonight it was Drew, Janee and myself as well as Willie, who comes in later than the rest of us. Because there wasn't much to do, I actually also got to bake cookies! I made Oatmeal Raisin cookies as well as White Chocolate Chip Cranberry cookies. Fortunately, they were well received! I also made the staff dinner, although Janee told me what to use-left over Mac and cheese from Wednesday's West Indies buffet and chicken hind quarters. The Mac and Cheese just needed to be reheated, the chicken I seasoned then roasted in the oven. When they chicken was almost done, I brushed on a mixture of soy sauce and honey. Laura from the gift shop, came back to tell me it was the best chicken she's ever had. My oh my! That made me feel good!

I cooked on the line doing hot appetizers. Our appetizer special was Coconut breaded chicken tenders served with mango sauce. One of the other things I did early in the afternoon was set up a breading station so I could coat the chicken tenders. Dredge the tenders in flour, then dip in egg, then dip in a mixture of toasted coconut and Panko. Not bad! We found out, however, that the outside breading browned very quickly, but the inside did not cook in the deep fryer. So we browned them first in the deep fryer, then finished cooking them in the oven. I made arancini, mushroom ran goons, coconut shrimp, heated up French onion soup and lobster bisque, and cooked the vegetables that were served with dinner. We were fairly busy because the time flew by! Then it was time for clean up and our work was done.

The other nice thing that happened today, is I got three Christmas cards in the mail! It felt very nice to actually get real mail, lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment