Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thursday, December 16, 2010

It was cloudy when I woke up this morning. The weather girl says we've been spoiled so far this month, but what more would you ask in paradise?

At 2pm, it was Ryan, Drew and myself. Willie comes in at 3pm. I started making the spinach mushroom stuffing for the roasted pork loin, but we didn't have any spinach, so I put together the mushroom, onion and garlic portion which is sauted then worchestershire sauce isnadded as well as two cups of beef stock. The mixture is then cooked until the beef stock is evaporated. So all I need to do is add chopped cooked spinach tomorrow. Once that was done, Ryan asked me to make the employee dinner. Not so fun, lol, younhave to actually THINK to come up with something. Today, I consulted my iPhone Internet and found a recipe for chicken in a tomato-basil sauce served over pasta. I poached the chicken breasts in white wine in the oven, then sauted onions and garlic in a large saute pan, then added the chicken to diced tomatoes (out of a can) as well as tobasco sauce and salt. It turned out well, I think. Then I made a basil pesto mayonnaise and a mayonnaise base with paprika and Cajun blackening powder. The latter is what the lobster is rubbed with before it is placed in the oven. It keeps the lobster from drying out. I cleaned and then peeled more potatoes for service tomorrow. After that, there was not much to do. We still are in need of a few more supplies in order for me to bake anything, so couldn't bake. I also sliced my thumb open cleaning a knife. That should teach me to be more careful! I had to go back to my room for bandaids, lol. I watched Ryan and Drew cook and plate until 8pm, then left. Business is suppose to pick up soon-I hope so, cause I like to stay busy at work!

Christmas decorations are finally up! No one seems to know why they waited so long to put up decorations but better late than never! I did find out that the employee Christmas party is not until January 6, 2011. Apparently they have it after the holidays because they are busy
during the holidays. All the new people have to work. Iggie's will be open but the Lobster Grille will close as the employee party is held at the Lobster Grille.

No comments:

Post a Comment