Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Iggie's at 9am was they way I started my day. I set up the pantry station, cut lettuce two ways, chopped tomatoes two ways (different applications), cubed watermelon, diced cucumbers and cleaned. Then it was time for the lunch crowd. I worked the line, mostly by myself. It was Mary and I although Eric, the new kitchen manager was in and out of the kitchen, only occasionally helping. I made hamburgers, mahi burgers and mahi salads, "Macho Nachos", made what seemed like a million French fries, my first fried oysters (!), fish and chips (did I mentioned I would not order this myself-too weird!), chips and salsa, turkey club sandwiches (no tomato, add cheese, hold the mayo), chicken satay, crab cakes, all the while trying to keep everything straight! On top of this, I was dizzy and nauseated (a couple of people have been sick here but I was fine up until breakfast this morning) but didn't want to leave Mary all by herself. Eric did not off to relieve me but did call John, his manager, to see if he could get someone to come in to relieve me. Mary also had to prep for the West Indies Buffet so she was pretty upset at Eric didn't offer to help-called him lazy, lol. I don't know..... By the time I got relief (2pm), I was feeling a little better but I've been sipping on ginger ale most of the day, hold the food.

I did need to drop off my laundry though, otherwise I wouldn't have anything to wear to work! Janee was too busy to take me but lent me her jeep (as long as I trusted myself to drive, lol). I had to keep reminding myself to drive on the left side of the road! I dropped off my laundry, wondering if I would have enough gas, so stopped to fill Janee's gas tank. After I filled the tank and turned the car back on but nothing happened! It was then I discovered NONE of the dashboard gauges worked! I had been so concerned about driving on the correct side of the road and having enough gas, I never noticed the gauges didn't work, lol! Oh, well, Janee has been nice enough to run me around tp places when I need to go out, it was the least I could do.

I spent the rest of the day and evening in my room, sipping ginger ale and skipping dinner. Hopefully what ever this is will pass quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment