Monday, December 20, 2010

Monday, December 20, 2010


It was a quiet morning, spent reading up on bread baking. I went into work a little early so I could start my bread dough rising. The first rise went well, although the dough was quite wet and ended up being hard to work with. I made up eight loaves but only four were usable because they failed to rise much in the second rising. Janee told me she's had to use twice the yeast for bread she's made on St Thomas. I was already planning to decrease the water in my recipe. It called for 6 cups of lukewarm water, 3 Tbsp yeast, 3 Tbsp salt and 13 cups of flour which made 8 one pound loaves. I'll need to pay more attention to the way the dough looks and feels and not so much on exact measurements. At least the bread tasted good!

I ran the pantry by myself today. Which means I made lots of salads-wedge salads, grille salads, ceasar salads-and plated desserts (key lime pie, banana chocolate chip cake, mango cheesecake and tiramisu. I was really ready to sit down when it was all over! I think I'm getting better at plating desserts but don't really feel they need a lot of "hoo ha" on the plate. It should hilight the dessert!

Tomorrow and Wednesday, I work down at Iggie's, 9am to 4pm. I'm suppose to work the line so we'll see what happens. I'm not sure everyone at Iggie's knows what to do with me, lol! Bolongo just hired a kitchen manager so hopefully he will "whip those people into shape".

No comments:

Post a Comment