Saturday, December 25, 2010

Saturday, December 25, 2010

It's Christmas Day and almost everyone is in a good mood, lol. Not everyone seems happy to be working Christmas and I guess I can't blame them. Jordan was suppose to be here by 12-12:30pm but his American flight was late getting into San Juan so he and quite a few other people missed their connecting flights. They finally got him on a local flight (8 seats!) and he was here at 3:30pm. Before he even put his bags in the room, he wanted a tour of Bolongo! So I showed him around and introduced him around. He loves this climate and the ocean, so he seems very happy so far. As I write, he is "taking a stroll in the night air", ever the geographer that wants to know exactly where he is. We had an actual sit-down dinner at the Lobster Grille. Victor was our waiter-he was very nice. The new menu is out, although they have been cooking from it already, practicing and offering the new items up as specials. Jordan and I shared the smoked salmon appetizer complete with dill cream cheese, toast points, capers, diced tomatoes and onions. Jordan had the Grille salad with Sour Sop dressing. I had to explain what sour sop was-it's a tropical fruit that tastes a little like pineapple but has a somewhat waxy consistency. He seemed to like it. Then I opted for the traditional meal, although I couldn't decide whether I wanted turkey or ham , so I had both! Turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, bourbon glazed sweet potatoes, stuffing, cranberry sauce and asparagus. It was really good! We sat in the upstairs dining area. I've never sat there before! Nice view! It is very nice having Jordan here.

No comments:

Post a Comment