Friday, December 24, 2010

Friday, December 24, 2010


Merry Christmas everyone! Although it still doesn't seem like Christmas! All I did today was prep, prep, prep. I feel I am nearing the expert level of potato peeling and chopping vegetables. We were busy tonight as it was a holiday and apparently we will be busy tomorrow night also. Despite that, I made island rice (finished what I started last night), peeled sweet potatoes, then sliced them-twice cause they were too thick the first time, peeled russet potatoes, chopped TWO different piles of mirepoix, opened two large cans of sliced apples and then flavored and sweetened them and cooked them, made a crumble to top apple pies, made lobster stuffing and then finished by putting the pies together (pre-made, frozen pie shells). All while Ryan, Janee and Jesse worked the line making dinners. And of course Willie on pantry. I was ready for the evening to be over.

Jordan comes tomorrow and I am looking forward to that, and to having two days off. My schedule next week is kind of crazy. I work 7am to 3pm Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday working breakfast and lunch at the Lobster Grille. Thursday I have off, Friday, New Years Eve, I work 2-10pm at the LG and Saturday(!!) 9am to 4pm. Kinda sucks, I think, but what do you do? Anyway, forget all that for now. Time for bed. I'll try to get some more pictures up, but need to use my computer for that and that means going to the conference center, so I'll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment