Sunday, December 19, 2010

Sunday, December 19, 2010


It was another lovely day in paradise. I slept in, had breakfast while watching a group of new comers with children sit by the pool. One of the iguanas showed up poolside and everyone went crazy. Then Vernita (from the gift shop and the lady in charge of activities) showed up and showed them how to feed the iguana (she fed it hibiscus flowers). The Richard (one of the owners) showed up and about had a cow, saying NO one was suppose to feed the iguanas because they didn't want to keep cleaning up iguana poop and next time it happened they were going to call Vernita to clean it up. It was pretty funny to watch, lol.

I did not get a tour, I've been waiting to see which ones Jordan would like to do when he arrives on Saturday, Christmas Day. Instead, I read a cookbook on bread making-very interesting. I did sit out by the pool for about 1 and 1/2 hours, working on a tan. I talked to my sister, Janell for a while, then walked up to Mim's restaurant for dinner. If you follow the beach toward Iggie's and then keep going, you run out of beach. At that point there are stairs you can walk up and there is Mim's. It seems like a nice little place. They sat me outside with a great view of the bay. The pictures I took are a little dark-no "city" lights to brighten them up. Mim's charge for lobster starts at $49.99 and goes up from there! Wow! The Lobster Grille (LG) charges less for their lobster, so if I decide I want lobster, I'll eat it at the LG! I stopped in at the LG and had a drink with Harry, the bartender. He's a really nice guy in his 70's. He's French but was born here on St Thomas. Nice man. Then back to my room to read for a bit before bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment