Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday, July 1, 2011

I thought I was going to stay home most of today but the day did not turn out like I thought it would (or the cat hoped it would, lol). During breakfast I got a call from Ric (he finally had some money for me for the catering job I did for Reno Silver Blades a couple of weeks ago) and met him for coffee at Backstube. Then I bought gas, dropped Summer Tomato Soup off for Michael, and returned a shirt to Kohl's. The shirt had been a present from Jordan but there was a hole in the Battenburg lace portion of it that I could not fix, so back it went. While I was at Kohl's, Janell called and wanted to go out to lunch. She met me at Kohl's and then we went to Sushi Rose. After lunch, I had time to stop at home, then met Kasia and Gary at the European Market on S. Virginia for pastry. Apparently Josef's Bakery has opened a second location in the European Market. Not bad, but the pastry is not as good as when Josef was alive and doing the baking.

I came home and worked on the computer. I got an email from Sonja who sent me seven logos to chose from. So I'll look those over with Jordan and see what he thinks. Decisions, decisions. I also got an email from Mindy saying they want to start getting cookies July 11! How exciting!

Dinner was leftovers from last night's dinner: Mediterranean Pork chops, herbed rice pilaf and brocolini. Topped off with a shared piece of Olive Oil Cake with Candied Oranges. I was surprised at Jordan. He was reluctant to try the cake because he didn't think olive oil belonged in a dessert! He didn't reject it but I'm not sure he'd want me to make it again for just the two of us. I thought it was tasty, myself. Ah, well, you're never going to please everyone!

Tomorrow we are driving to the Davis Farmer's Market, then having lunch with the Bledsoes, who own a walnut farm in California not too far from Davis. We've been wanting to see the farm for a while and the Bledsoe's are old friends of Jordan's. Should be a nice day. We'll be back home Saturday evening, so just a day trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment