Sunday, July 3, 2011

Sunday, July 3, 2011

I went to Home Depot this morning so I could buy some plants for the back yard. I am tired of looking at it as there is little color in the raised garden. While at Home Depot, I ran into Lisa Springgate who invited Jordan and I to a BBQ at their house tonight. I had not seen Lisa in a while. I bought my plants and mulch and headed home to work on the back yard. By this time it was close to noon and it was in the 90's today. I planted for about an hour before it got too hot to work. It's a start! I'll finish tomorrow morning. I also got a couple of vegetable plants-tomatoes, red peppers and watermelon. I also bought rosemary and Italian parsley. Hopefully they will do well and not get eaten by Peter Rabbit!

Jordan said yes, so my entrance into the BBQ was cookies. As Lisa is eating a lot of gluten free, I made Oatmeal Raisin cookies that have half the fat and sugar of regular oatmeal cookies and only 3/4 cup of flour. The rest of the "flour" is oatmeal that has been ground in a food processor. They are surprisingly good cookies. As I had a lot of blueberries and strawberries left over from my tarts, I made Blueberry Crisp and took that to John and Lisa's. There were five couples total, including us. One woman is a physical therapist like Lisa and the other is in finance. Apparently they have all been friends for a while. And almost everyone seems to be a patient of Lisa's, lol! John grilled Tri-Tip which was excellent. It seemed to be a pot luck. The ladies brought salads. Everything was tasty!

When we got home, Jordan went back to work (he is behind on his USC class). I dealt with all the extra strawberries we had and made some jam. We'll see tomorrow morning how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment