Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Jordan left later for the conference today as he decided to drive into San Diego rather than take public transportation and wanted to try and miss some of the heavier traffic. So I decided to sleep in. It's been a little cooler today, which is nice. I tried to talk Carsley into doing some of the things on her "to do" list and she leaves for Baku, in Azerbaijan in a little over two weeks. We went through her pile of things she was planning on taking and pared it down to fewer items. She made appointments and phone calls and got some things off her list. I met her friend Elaine, that I tried to hook up with in St Thomas (never worked out). Elaine is working for the Welk Resort again, selling time shares. She seems very nice. After Elaine left to go shopping at the thrift store, I looked online at packaging for cookies. I still am looking for just the right way to package and present them. I know I'll find just the right thing, it just may take me a while. The food and baked goods I sell need to take good, but if they don't look good, no one will buy them.

I did a little reading, we had a late lunch and then Julie came over (another friend of Carsley's). She wanted us to go with her to a talk tomorrow on working to improve your memory. Carsley has an appointment with the DMV, but I guess I'm going to go. Should be interesting. And she talked us into going to the "Moose" this evening. What is "the Moose" you ask??? Why the Escondido Moose Lodge. It was their Tuesday evening dinner and line dancing from 6-8pm. For $5 you get a meal (in this case mashed potatoes, meatloaf and gravy-no salad or veggies), then from 6:30-8:00pm you get to line dance. So I got hauled out onto the dance floor to learn line dancing (although a lot of the older people already know this stuff, they just come to dance). I also figured out this is perfect for husbands. They can take their wives out dancing but don't ever have to dance with them cause line dancing is done in a group! Everyone's happy! Jordan is thinking of moving down here, but I have to say, I feel a little too young to live here. Line dancing, game night, dinners, dancing, card games, exercise classes, etc. Lots of things planned for everyone here, if that's what they want.

It's been an interesting trip so far, but now it's bedtime. Jordan finally made it home, safe and sound, albeit late. And tomorrow is another day!

No comments:

Post a Comment