Saturday, July 9, 2011

Saturday, July 9, 2011

The morning was taken up with yard work. I planted some wildflower seeds along the concrete wall that are suppose to attract butterflies. Hopefully the birds won't eat them first! I pulled weeds, and pulled weeds and pruned plants (I know, wrong time of year but that's what I get for waiting for someone else to do the work!). When it got too hot, I came back in.

I am already looking at what to do for SCOR's quarterly marketing and I think I am going to suggest cake balls (cake pops without the sticks) and make them look like little bonbons. I'm going to try the recipe out first, but you can make em in whatever flavor you want. It's been very interesting checking all this out online. The person who apparently first made this popular was a woman who calls herself "Bakerella". She has a website and has written a book on cake pops. I have to say though, that there are a whole lot of blogs and websites with women who have made these. Even Starbucks sells them. One woman lamented that cake pops would become passé now that Starbucks was selling them. And people seem to LOVE them! So I think I need to make some. You can also make cake balls/pops out of cheesecake.

I made pesto tonight using fresh basil, fresh parsley, walnuts, garlic, Parmesan cheese and olive oil. I boiled up some fettuccine and tossed the pasta with pesto and served it with flank steak (leftovers) and asparagus. It was all good. I had cherries to use up before we leave for San Diego tomorrow, so I made a Sweet Polish Cherry Cake. It turned out quite nice. Nice texture-almost like a coffee cake.

Jordan worked all day and came home late so we ate late. I'm waiting for my stomach to digest a little before I lay down to sleep. Ugh! Not fun eating late! Whatta ya gonna do?

We leave for San Diego in the morning. Ah Choo will stay with Janell (and her two cats) while we are gone. At least there he has company 24/7. Hopefully we'll be on the road by 10am. Road trip!!

No comments:

Post a Comment