Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I did "office work" this morning. It took until 1pm! Imagine my surprise! I really didn't think there'd be much in the way of office work with this business. I had to fill out papers for the Washoe County Assessor. They want to know how much I'm worth (not much) so they can assess taxes on my business. I had to look up receipts from equipment I've purchased for my business, although as a private chef, I use some of my clients utensils, etc. I did the assessment online which took about as long as if I'd hand written it. Then banking and bill paying (never a happy time to part with your money), checking emails, reworking colors for the logo Sonja is working on for my business and making phone calls. I did manage to give the cat some belly rubs in between, lol.

I met my friend, Jennifer (who still works at the surgery center I used to work at) at Silver Peak. We were going to meet at Jungle Vino for a glass of wine, but she wanted more substantial food than they offer. So we decided to try Zozo's for their twice a month wine tasting but they were sold out. So we decided to try Silver Peak. We both had the Thai Steak Salad-good, but I'm not sure why they call it a Thai salad. You don't really notice the oriental flavors and Jen asked if they had put dressing on the salad, lol, because she couldn't see any. We had a great time catching up, talking for over two hours. It was so nice, we sat outside. Not too windy, we sat in the shade, very nice.

I beat Jordan home, so he was working late. He bought a little square that plugs into my iPhone and allows me to accepts credit cards! How cool is that?! There is no monthly fees, no contracts and you pay on a per transaction basis (2.7%). BofA had told me most people prefer to pay with credit cards and will often not buy something if they have to pay cash. We'll see if that's true!

Tomorrow I go to Nothing To It to bake cookies for my first order for Thunderbird Lodge. Chocolate Chip Pecan cookies. I hope people buy them and this turns into a successful portion of my business. Just gotta wait and see. Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment