Friday, July 8, 2011

Friday, July 8, 2011

I went to Nothing To It this morning to bake cookies for my first delivery to Thunderbird Lodge (with a few side trips-no gas in Jordan's car and no pecans). The gals at NTI were prepping for a BBQ for 300 today (!) and a Saturday wedding. Lots of activity. I made my cookies then left (but not before finding out Jay and Lara ARE married!).

I came home and tried to figure out how to package the cookies and what label to put on them. I had thought I would carry a Thunderbird Lodge logo on the cookies, but as Sonja pointed out to me, why not get credit and some label recognition for the cookies? I did come up with a temporary label that is a form of a business card from Word and just copied it onto a full page sticky paper (technical, I know). When I went to package the cookies, I realized I had miscounted and so had to rush to make more (oh, no!). I was only a little late with my delivery but not very happy with the packaging. I am looking online for an alternative to what I currently use for wrapping cookies. I guess I'll try a few different things and see what happens and what the Thunderbird people think. Hopefully they will sell and I can continue to bake cookies (for profit). AND, they gave me a check on the spot! Yeah!

I did get a job offer from GI Consultants but the work is part time, which to them is four days a week. Do I want/need money that badly? Sometimes I think yes but then worry I will lose my focus on cooking and not do the things I really want to do. I told the woman who called that I will think about it. At least someone I contacted made me an offer, lol.

Janell and I went looking for camouflage material for Michele but couldn't find any. I did snag a few more boxes at JoAnn Fabrics so it was not a wasted trip. Then home and more online looking, looking, looking. Tomorrow I'll do some more baking....

No comments:

Post a Comment