Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday, July 29, 2011

I was up early (no sleeping in any more between Jordan and the cat, lol). I had a 9am appointment at Nevada State Bank. I decided to switch my banking to them. They are often complimented, so we'll see if they live up to their reputation. That took about an hour. I then drove over to Sparks to return a computer cable to Jim (for Jan's computer). I left Jordan at home to pack, run errands, etc before it was time for him to leave. He decided to take the Greyhound bus to San Diego. It will not be a good trip as he'll be up all night.

After my trip to Sparks, I went grocery shopping for the party tonight for Andy. I baked desserts yesterday-Tres Leche Cake, Key Lime Tart and Chocolate Chip toffee cookies. Today, I started marinating the chicken and the beef (London broil-couldn't find flank steak). The chicken had a yogurt, cilantro, garam marsala mixture, for the beef I used a Chipotle BBQ sauce. I then went through my list, making one recipe at a time: Tunisian Vegetable Salsa, White Bean Dip, Baked pita chips with oregano, Morrocan couscous, Greek Salad, and Apple Coleslaw (I used this recipe on Wednesday and really like it). In the middle of all this, I took Jordan to the bus station downtown. Hope he has a good trip!

At 4:45pm, I loaded everything into the car and drove out to Bordertown to Newt's house (where Andy has been living), which is on the opposite side of the street from Jan and Jim Loverin's ranch. I was the first one there so got everything set up. I thought Newt was going to BBQ, but it ended up being me!

I saw lots of people I had not seen in a while and everyone loved the food-which is always a good thing. I was home by 10:30pm-long day!

No comments:

Post a Comment