Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Monday, July 11, 2011

Guess what? I went to the line dancing class, lol! I think I was the youngest one there. Betty was the oldest, she's 87 and not ashamed to tell you that. All ages, all shapes, all sizes, men and women. Very interesting. We had class for an hour, breaks every 10-15 minutes. The ladies were amazed at how quickly I picked up the moves. Me, I didn't think I did that well.

After class, a tour of the clubhouse and a little sitting, Carsley took me on a tour of "Champagne Village", the "coach park" Lawrence Welk started years ago. Coach park is a fancy name for trailer park, or in some cases what they call manufactured housing. They look like ranch style homes and some of them here are quite gorgeous. The weather has been lovely, not too hot, cool at night and in the morning. Sure are a lot of homes here!

We had lunch at Souplantation (soup, salad and dessert for $8.49). Such a deal! Then a few errands for Carsley and home for a nap for Carsley, a couple phones for me.

We went to the Welk Farmer's Market that runs 3-7pm every Monday. They have crafts and lots of food (The French Connection chef was really French and a very good cook-he says he learned from his mother) but only a little produce, surprisingly enough. Carsley and Jordan both said there had been more produce at the last farmers' market. It's interesting to see when the produce is secondary to the "stuff" at the farmers' market. I did try a bite or two of everything the French chef had made. Yum-O as Rachel Ray would say.

We had dinner at the Welk Canyon Grill. The food was ok, the service not so good. It was the end of the evening and only two waiters, but it got busy at the end of the shift so we were slighted because we ate outside. Oh, well. We paid and left.

I love the way it cools off at night, great sleeping weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment