Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Tuesday, July 19, 2011


It was hard getting up this morning, lol! I worked on the computer all morning. I almost forgot I had paperwork to fill out for Mollen Immunization Clinic, for the job I start in September giving flu shots and pneumonia shots. They consider it part time seasonal work. That should allow me to continue cheffing. I also worked up a second menu for the "Farm to Table" dinner Jan and I would like to do. We may be doing only one dinner this year. Lots of red tape and permits to get. Kind of crazy, but understandable.

I had coffee with Andy Carey. We are throwing a going away party for him out at Newt's house. I'm doing the food, so we talked about the menu. A few of Andy's friends want to bring something and that's a good thing. That makes my job easier!

I also stopped by Walmart and picked up some chocolate for dipping the cake balls I am experimenting with (although I have officially renamed them "cake truffles"- it sounds so much better than cake balls and they are quite decadent!). I have not worked on them since last night, but they did get a couple of seals of approval. Jordan thought they were a little sweet so I may try a couple other things.

Otherwise, I ordered some flat bags for my cookies so I can try them instead of the gusseted bags I have been using. I think the flat bags will protect the cookies better. I'll have to wait to seemif Thunderbird Lodge continues to order cookies.

I also chatted online with my Aunt Lorine. She and my Uncle John seem to be doing well. Nice to hear! And she was quite encouraging when she told me to keep at it.

Maybe I can get to the cake truffles tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment