Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Wednesday, July 6, 2011


So much for my plan to go back to writing every day!

Monday, July 4th, I ran a few errands with Janell, worked on menus and shopping lists for my Tuesday personal chef gig and baked a Fig-Almond Crostata (free form crust). Jordan and I spent a good part of the late afternoon, early evening with co-works of his from the Bureau at UNR. We had a nice time. Lots of academics, not always the most exciting people. Our hosts had a pool (nice as it was very hot) and some shady spots to sit. It was a potluck (which Jordan forgot to tell me until two hours before we were due to be there!!) and all I had on hand were some Healthy Oatmeal Raisin cookies, so I took those. The flour in the dough is made up mostly of ground oatmeal. They have a maple glaze on them also. We did not go see the fireworks this year, but I did hear a lot going off around the neighborhood.

Tuesday, July 5, was my marathon cooking day. I will be going with Jordan next week to San Diego for his ERSI convention so wouldn't be able to cook for Michael. So I cooked meals for two weeks for him. Artichoke heart, salmon and sea scallop Salad with Citrus vinaigrette, Orecchiette with shrimp and arugula, Candied Pecan and Strawberry Salad, Ginger-pistachio crusted chicken with tangerine sauce, Crispy cabbage, Mango and Red Onion Salad, Honey Bourbon Pork Tenderloin, Ratatouille, Apple, Dried Cherry and Pecan Salad, Farfalle pasta in a Creamy Asiago Sauce, Cherry, Papaya and Orzo Salad, Chicken and Spinach Wraps with a light sauce, Lamb Chops with Asparagus and Farro, Hangar Steak with a Port Cherry Sauce and Italian Sesame Goat Cheese Salad. Whew! Took me all day! It was fun though! When I got home from Michael's, I made a Savory Swiss Chard tart with swiss chard I had gotten in Davis at the Farmer's Market. It also had bacon, onions and Gruyere cheese. Yummy!

Today, Wednesday, July 6, I spent recovering from my marathon cooking day, although I woke up early. I've been doing computer work most of the day, looking for main dish salads and developing the menu for the partnership meeting July 25. I did some banking, took Michael some savory tart and rubbed the cat's tummy, lol (a job he thinks I was born to do). Dinner was grilled flank steak with Roasted Red Pepper Coulis, asparagus and potatoes. Jordan and I shared a piece of the fig tart (the rest went to my personal chef client). He thought it was sweet, I thought it was just right. Oh, well, can't please all the people....

No comments:

Post a Comment