Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

This morning Julie picked me up and we went to a seminar on helping your memory that was given by the Oasis Group at the senior citizen center in Escondido. Never thought I'd end up there! The speaker was a woman and quite knowledgeable, I learned quite a few things about dementia and that basically, there are only four kinds (there actually are a few more but they constitute such a small percentage that they were not included in this lecture): 1. Parkinson's, 2. Lewie-Body, 3. Alzheimer's. 4.Vascular (strokes and TIAs). Alzheimer's makes up 70% of the dementia population. She called it an "equal opportunity disease"' meaning anyone can get it regardless of what you might do to prevent it or what your family history may be. Very interesting lecture.

I came back to Champagne Village with Carsley after the lecture and we had lunch with Jordan. He had elected not to go into the conference until afternoon but stayed here to work on his USC student lesson for this week. He's been so stressed out lately about work, I feel badly for him. After lunch, Carsley and I went to a couple of thrift stores so she could look for suitcases. She did not find one. After we got home, I went to the pool while she waited for Julie to pick her up and take her to Costco. The pool was great! It was 4pm, warm (80 degrees) and sunny. I stayed about an hour and when I got back to the house, Carsley was still waiting for Julie! She could have gone with me to the pool! Oh, well. Julie finally came and off they went. I read and before you knew it, Jordan was home.

We went out to a restaurant in Escondido called "Tango". Excellent food and Wednesdays is half off any bottle of wine! Cool! Jordan graciously bought everyone dinner. Now we are home and the house is nice and cool, perfect sleeping weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment