Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Four days to catch up on! I am very far behind!

Saturday I had lunch with Jan to go over our plans for a "Farm to Table" dinner in September. There is lots to do, lots to organize, permits to get, insurance to cover this event, a meal to plan, seating, linens, tableware, serving pieces, and that's not all of it! Jan and Jim would like to use their ranch as an event center, so doing something like this makes sense. The health Dept in California (where Jan and Jim technically live), calls this an "Agricultural event". Semantics, always interesting! I baked cookies after I got home. Thunderbird Lodge order four boxes of cookies instead of the usual two. Apparently the cookies were gone before the end of the week (good for me, good for them!). Jordan wrenched his back Saturday and was walking bent over, poor guy. He's better now.

Sunday, I made two layers of Almond Meringue as well as some Vanilla Buttercream. This buttercream used yolks and not meringue! I have to say though, that it was mighty tasty! Not at all too sweet. Then I packaged the cookies I made, after which we went to Jan and Jim's house to work on building a website for the Old 1862 Ranch ( and which you can see at www.theold1862ranch.com), get Jan on PayPal so we can collect money for our "Farm to Table Event" and to discuss further whether or not we want to go ahead with all this. We spent all afternoon at the Lovrerin's, although we did get to see Jim bailing hay, then loading it in stacks onto a special piece of equipment. Way cool! And we saw the llamas.

When Jordan and I got home, I checked the cookies and the backs (plain card stock) was stained from the butter in the cookies! I was so disappointed! I left the packages until morning to see how far they had stained and went to bed.

Monday morning the card stock behind the cookies looked terrible! So I felt I had no choice but to completely repackage them. Jordan went out and bought some glossy card stock and more blank labels. What a guy! He helped me repackage the cookies. It was easier to cut everything because if the paper cutter Janell bought last Monday (nice sister). I got everything repackaged but what a nightmare.

I partially assembled the Almond Meringue Cake then went shopping for food for my catering job for the partnership meeting for SCOR. The menu was Ratatioulle, Rolle Pork Florentine, Roasted Red Potatoes tossed with Smoky Paprika, ciabatta and Almond Meringue Cake with Peaches. I worked at NTI, although theymwere also getting ready for amcatering job Tuesday evening and there almost wasn't room for me to work! But I got it done and I guess the meal was a hit from what I understand.

Today I was back to my regular day for my personal chef client. I had to be there early as he was expecting someone to pick up and shred all his old files. Today I made Tuna Nicoise, mini quiche tarts, Tabbouleh, Poached Halibut with Oriental Stir fry Vegetables, ZgrilledmPork Steak withnpeaches and herb puree, Italian herbed vegetable ribbons, Chicken Carbonara, Oriental Beef Lettucemwrapsmans Field greens with Strawberries, Oranges and Chai Vinaigrette. All good stuff, lol. I left at 2pm, dropped off the big glass bowl I had borrowed from NTI, stopped by Trader Joe's to buy some things for Jordan, then on to SCOR to pick up my chaffing dishes. A busy day!

Now it's time for bed and I am very tired!

No comments:

Post a Comment