Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Evening, July 15, 2011

I walked around the Gaslamp district until it was time to meet Jordan at noon. I checked out some of the restaurants (reading menus when available) and looked around the Ralph's grocery store on 1st and Market. The deli section there puts Whole Foods to shame, which is saying something! While I waited for Jordan back at the Convention Center, a man, aided by his friends, needed to sit on the bench I was using as he hurt his ankle. I stayed with him while his friends called 911. Such excitement! (I don't miss it).

Jordan and I walked back to the Gaslamp district and had lunch at a Persian restaurant. Not bad although kind of a funky little place. Jordan had a vegetarian dish made with eggplant along with some basmati rice. I had rice, a roasted tomato and a long piece of ground beef they called a kabob. The beef looked like one of those Popsicle sticks kids eat, kind of strange. After lunch we walked back to the convention center and drove back to Escondido. I did some grocery shopping with Carsley when we got back while Jordan did some work.

We had three of Carsley's friends over for dinner-Elaine, Julie and Christie. We grilled some flank steak, roasted some fingerling potatoes, and made glazed carrots. Elaine and Christie brought over veggie kabobs and we grilled those too. For dessert I made Eton Mess which was a big hit (whipped cream, meringues and strawberries). It was a fun evening, laughing and telling stories.

I did hear back from the people at Thunderbird Lodge. They ordered more cookies. I hope sales increase. Midday wasn't sure if staff was buying cookies or if the tourists were buying the cookies, lol. She's checking on that. I also got a part time seasonal job starting in September. I'm going to give flu shots. The job is September through mid-November. Steady money! Yeah!!

Jordan and I are going to my sister, Michele's tomorrow. She's having a birthday party for Dylan (his birthday was a week ago) and it is my brother-in-law's birthday tomorrow, so we'll go out for dinner. Then back to Reno Sunday. Another long drive...

No comments:

Post a Comment