Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thursday, June 30, 2011

More catching up to do.....

Tuesday I was up and out of the house by 9am. Went to Whole Foods to buy meat and seafood. I had gotten some of the groceries Monday at Trader Joe's so shopping Tuesday went quickly. I got all the way to my client's house and realized I forgot to bring containers! I couldn't believe it. Thank goodness most of my meals were salads, so I could put them on regular plates in the fridge! After I was done with my personal chef gig, I made 20 discs of pastry dough for my mini Tarts due Thursday. 1 1/4 cups of flour, 1/4 tsp salt, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 stick of butter and three tbsp of ice water whooshed in a food processor. It went quickly and I soon had 20 pastry disc chilling in the fridge. The dough needed to chill because of the butter-you need that to make sure the dough is flaky. A little TV then bed.

Wednesday I was up early to take the garbage can out. Jordan got back to Reno about 10am. It's nice to have him back. I cleaned up then rolled out my pastry dough, cut out 2 1/2 inch circles with a round ring, then snapped sides in them to hold in the filling. I blind-baked the dough then let them cool. I did take a lunch break so I could eat. I then whipped up a creamy mixture of cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and whipped cream for the filling. On top of the cream, I put blueberries on some of the tarts and raspberries and strawberries on some of them. They were very cute! And, of course I forgot to take pictures! What a dope! Oh, well,,,, I finished the tarts about 8pm. Jordan made dinner that night!

Thursday, I did manage to sleep in some but had to get up to deliver my tart to SCOR. When I arrived, I did get some help carrying the 20 boxes in, but no one seemed to know anything about the marketing plan. It gave me a little scare! I did have the date and time down correctly! I did relax some after the tarts were delivered but couldn't take too long, w had company for dinner. Jordan's insurance man and his wife. Nice couple. I made Mediterranean pork chops, grilled fennel salad, a rice medley, curried crab bites and a lemon blueberry tart. Yum on it all! Everyone seemed to have a nice time, so that's good!

And now in bed, I'm exhausticated! Time to sleep. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment