Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I was up early so I could get to Nothing To It by 9am to start my prep for my luncheon tomorrow. I still had to buy the meat for the kabobs and just decided to get it at Whole Foods. They do have really nice meat, fish and poultry! I managed to get to NTI by 9:30am (it still is a chore to get all packed up and get the car loaded) and cut up my beef, put it in Baggies, added the marinade and put it in the fridge. It should marinate for 24-36 hours, so it will be ready tomorrow morning. Then I sliced veggies for the kabobs and for the Orzo I am making as a side dish.

My friend Stephanie, who lives in Baltimore, called me on Skype from Italy. She has been house sitting for friends for the last month and has two weeks left before it is time to come home. Most be rough! She and her husband are thinking about moving to Italy but for now it is enough to go once a year for a month or two. Stephanie is a graphic designer who does marketing. So she can basically work anywhere. It was a nice break in the day.

Then it was on to more shopping to buy the things I need for the Silver Blades dinner. I spent the afternoon baking for the luncheon and for Silver Blades. I made brownies from scratch (Ina Garten's Outrageous Brownies). You bake them in a half sheet pan but they started to overflow and caused a lot of smoke. I quickly cleaned up the mess but not before setting off the smoke alarms, lol, and scaring the cat! They turned out fine, thank goodness. The rest of the cookie making went without a hitch.

I am in bed early tonight because tomorrow is a big day. And I am tired-it's been a long couple of days! All good.

No comments:

Post a Comment