Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wednesday morning I had an interview for a chef position at Standards of Excellence Appliance Store. I would be doing a cooking demo every other month for now although they would like to go back to once a month. I think the woman I interviewed with, Laurie, wants to hire me but I need to meet the corporate chef June 15 for a final interview. I would be paid by corporate also, so I guess I need final approval. After the interview I went to Trader Joe's to pick up a few things. They really do have good prices on things, I need to remember that!

On my way home, I got a text from my friend, Eric, saying he was free for lunch so I met him at India Kabob for their lunch buffet (he said he was REALLY hungry, lol. They have good food there. We talked a lot about fencing, guess Eric had a lot to get off his chest!

After lunch I ran a few more errands and then headed home to make raviolis. They are easy to make using won ton wrappers. I made a ricotta spinach filling, plopped a tablespoon of the filling on a won ton wrapper, dipped my fingers in water and ran them around the edges of the wrapper, then placed another won ton wrappers over the filling. Easy! I made a simple tomato sauce to go over it. Tasty!

Today was a lazy day. I cleaned, worked on the computer (still trying to get my Mac to do what I want it to for my chef business) and took an afternoon nap with the cat (Jordan calls it a catnap). Nothing too exciting, lol. Dinner was pork tenderloin from one of the meals I made for my client. Nice sauce basted on the pork then served with a three fruit salsa. Yum! After dinner I still worked on the computer, trying this and that. Not a total techie yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment